Mr Punit Modhgil, Founder-Director, Octane.in presented the Report : The State of Retail e-marketing in India: Insights from the India Retail e-Marketing Study 2013 @ ReTechCon 2013.
The key findings by this survey are:
- 27% of offline retailers surveyed have planned to embrace online retail
- 27% of the retail companies surveyed heavily use technology for marketing efforts while 44% use it to some extent. On the flipside 26% of respondents say they use minimal technology while 4% don’t use technology.
- About 55% of offline retailers using mobile as amarketing channel while only 10 of the online retailers are doing the same
- While 58% of offline retailers think sales and special offers get them maximum customer engagement, while 20% of online retailers think similarly.
- Of the surveyed offline retailers, close to 71% chose social media for marketing investments while 36% chose email marketing. At the same time, for online retailers 70% of them prefer social media at the same time 70% prefer email marketing too.
- 80% of all e-commerce companies and about 51% of all offline retailers revealed to have sales revenue in the 0-100 crore range. At the same time, about 20% of online retailers and 23% of offline retailers chose the 101-500 crore range. According to RAI-Octane data there are no e-commerce companies in the 500+ crore revenue range, while 27% of offline retail respondents do fall into that category.
- Only 2% of all retailers surveyed for this study seem to be dominating their markets with over 75% market share, while a slightly larger 4% of the retailers revealed to have between 51% to 75% of the market share. 59% of retail companies are struggling to find sure foothold.
The following two tabs change content below.
Retailers Association of India (RAI) is the unified voice of Indian retailers. RAI is a not for profit organization (registered under section 25 of Companies Act, 1956), works with all the stakeholders for creating the right environment for the growth of the modern retail industry in India. RAI is the body that encourages, develops, facilitates and supports retailers to become modern and adopt best practices that will delight customers. RAI has a three charter aim of Retail Development, Facilitation and Propagation.
Latest posts by RAI (see all)
- GST and Packaged Commodities - July 12, 2017
- Redefining the unorganised laundry sector in India - May 2, 2017
- The secret to a truly seamless customer experience - February 28, 2017